Thanks, Big Redhead.

As I approach my 72nd birthday, I look back at some of the stupid wear-&-tear I placed on my body when young. Running was always fun and when it became less fun, I walked. Now I still walk, but with a 30# back-pack covering 2-3 miles a day. The knees, hips, and most other joints are still pretty good. I've not ever had a broken bone, great German/Scotish genes accounts for that!

My last high-country hunt was 2 years ago, in Colo. @ 10,000 ft.+- for elk, got one, a 5x5. Luckly I had 2 youngsters in their 30s with me and they drug him over the snow about 400 yds. to the truck. Used the well-worn .340 Wby to do the job, one shot at 350 yds.

Any advice I might give others, is to "NOT" wear your body out when you're young, if you want to live the hunter's life later in life. Take care of those knees, hips and eyes. Take those vitamins, stay away from the drugs and moderate the liquor.

And I'm already gettin' several applications ready to mail out for a few western hunts this next fall. Hope to see you there.

Kodiak

A man's gota do what a man's gota do, yep.