MagnaCut interests me. I'm less concerned with the edge endurance. The toughness and high corrosion resistance are what have me curious.

I've enjoyed S30V, S35VN, S45V, 20CV (M390), even S90V and S110V. I don't have any real issue with 154CM or CPM 154. There's some I'm omitting for sure. One of the issues that bugs me with the "super" stainless steels is the brittleness that comes with the high edge retention. S30V can be bad but S110V is horrible about chipping.

As an inshore and offshore fisherman on coastal Alabama, corrosion resistance is huge for me. I don't need K390 level of edge retention, but I want better than 440 or VG10. And I don't want to have to sharpen out chips just because I want a stainless blade that holds a decent edge.

If MagnaCut can out perform the corrosion resistance of the steels mentioned above without chipping (toughness) and hold a decent edge (CPM154 level is fine) then I'm going to be thrilled. And so far, the 2 or 3 models I have with MagnaCut are living up to that expectation. It's proving to be a great steel for me.

I have plenty of other knives that don't need the corrosion resistance. When I go hunting, I carry a 1095 chopper for brush clearing and an S35VN model for game cleaning (both ESEE's) and they work fabulously in that role.

Is there hype around MagnaCut? Sure. But options are good.