New Ruger American thread got me thinking why Ruger didn't offer SS in addition to cerakote. Or provide a nitride finish option. Majority of my rifles going back to 90's are blue'd, and that's worked well for me. But I'm anticipating getting a new 7RM from RemArms next year for moose hunting, and thinking SS will be best option. We hunt northern Ontario and it's typical for us to get drenched in rain or snow (sometimes all 5 days afield). Hasn't been a problem since I teardown and fully dry the works, but I'd like less work to do during that hunt week.

RemArms will be cerakoting the Alpha1 (24" fluted) with no SS option, which has me thinking to go with either Sendero (416 SS, 26") or Long Range (blued, 26") models. The Sendero & LongRange also wear HS Precision stocks. But the Alpha1 has a field-strippable bolt & Timney trigger, which are big plusses.

Barrel finish has previously never been a deal killer but, with several options for the new RemArms Model 700, has me thinking which I should choose. Or shouldn’t it matter.