I never have. For hunting, I usually put a dab of borium on the toe which sure keeps it from rolling over. If one is forging (clipping front with backs) I leave the back hoof toes tad long and leave the front hoof toes a tad short. (Rocking will do the same thing). That will have the fronts breaking over faster. When I had Tennessee Walker mules I had more of a problem with it. When we were doing gymkhana events, we always put the mules up on their toes a tad.I suppose a cutting horse would benefit from rolled toes. My mules are mostly used for hunting (trail) and they don't get rocked toes. Normally I shoe the mules with the hoof angle following the pastern angle.

Without shoes,my mule will wear down the toe fast. Even with shoes, the toe will be the first to wear down too far.
I do like the St Croix shows.They seem to be a little harder. Around here mule shoes, 000's are $7-$8 each.More than twice that of a horses shoe.

Heck at my age, I am lucky to get the shoe on with the shoe toe on the mule's toe.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles