Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
There's plenty of great lower powered smaller options out there. Fact is there's much better optics available now than an decade or two ago. There's wonderful LPVO optics out there in abundance that have high and low profile turrents and reticle options for everyone. We're in an golden age of optics where we have lots of options and even some of the Chi-com stuff is really good. Price points are all over the place and there's literally something for everyone if you look. I'm thankful the days where Fudd optics were the only option are a thing of the past. Today there's soemthing for everyone.

You summed it up pretty well. Just picked up an E1 3-9x50 cheap as a spare. I see lots of classic used for sale as well if
I want to go “period correct” or just slim and trim. Don’t have any of the Gen2 S1 Sightrons yet, but the specs look pretty good, more clicks available than most 1” scopes.

The 30mm LPVOs aren’t too big, and the views are impressive.
You gotta be shyttin me. Golden age of hunting scopes my ass. We lost the entire Nikon line, which included many light, trim, 1" scopes in the 1-4, 2-7 and 3-9 power range with simple Nikoplex reticles. I have a couple of the 2-7x32's and love em. Bright, clear, light, compact. We also lost the entire Weaver line which included the Japanese manufactured 1-3x20, 2.5-7x32, 3-9x38, 2-10x38, 2.5x20, 4x32 and 6x38 all with simple duplex reticles. I have several and they're also good hunting scopes with the same attributes, bright, clear, light, compact. I don't see anything out there that comes remotely close to replacing those scopes. The bulbous, over weight and unfortunately extremely numerous 30mm LPVO's don't come close to being a suitable replacement.
Pretty close replacement here. Wouldn't mind getting a couple more.

https://www.bushnell.com/scopes/sho...24-riflescope-multi-x/BU-REL1424BS3.html
I guess if you consider a 15.5 oz. scope "pretty close" to a trim 8-10 oz. scope. I don't, and I've had more South Korean made Bushnells crap out on me than any other. A big no thanks. I won't go near those things anymore.

Lol you're bit ching about 5oz? Five f ucking ounces. Gawd dam Fudd boomers are a fickle bunch...
And less than 2/10 inch.
You might learn the value of a small ocular bell and power ring when trying to mount a scope as low as possible on a traditional lever action while still allowing the hammer to be cocked. The scopes on my Marlin levers weigh 9 oz. and allow the use of low Weaver and super low Burris Zees while still offering good clearance for the hammer. I don't want higher rings or an additional 6.5 oz. on top for absolutely zero gain.