Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I've been using Maven's SHR-MIL reticle the last 6 days for short morning and evening hunts. It's a good one.

Let us know what you think of the RS 1.2. I am anxious to try one and its FFP reticle is one of the main reasons.

John

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Reticle is good, glass is good, zero stop/elevation dial is good design, capped windage is nice, user characteristics are good...or at least nothing bad has stood out. I've only dialed it enough to sight in at 100, set the hard stop there, dialed/checked 200 and set the 0 there, dialed/checked 300, then I've been hunting it. All adjustment were as expected.

If nit picking I'd remove the 5, 7.5, and 10 mil hashes from the outer bars and have only the center dot illuminated. Dot has a higher illum level than the numbers...the numbers illum only shows up in the lowest light (with the illum set to lowest level). Neither of these are major issues, just me being picky. The reticle is designed so illumination will rarely be needed. Even as is, the illum is good.

Unless there's an issue, I'll use it heavily through Feb, checking zero often. In situations where I'll need to dial over 300 yards I'll likely use something else until I have time to verify it. After Feb I'll start shooting heavily again and will know more about the adjustments. I've got a positive feeling about it.