Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by high_country_
The town sent a letter of explanation stating the need for maintaining our system. Oddly enough the mayor also developed 5% of the new lots in town.

County I just moved out of just added a "storm water runoff fee" to their bills, residential and commercial. Buddy with a warehouse and big parking lot had 3k added to his quarterly bill. Yet they have done nothing to fix drainage issues since all this started.

We are on a septic so we only pay for water, but county changed to smart meters called "master meters". Everyones water bill skyrocketed, mine went from 40 bucks to 240 a month, buddys went from 240 to 1k at his house. Took me months to get mine rectified, supposedly the meters aren't accurate and I know industrial suppliers that have stopped selling them to municipalities because of the issue.

We had that here too. They had installed meters that measure by the gallon and were charging by the cu/ft....which is nearly 7.5 gallons.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.