Some are pretty heavy; depends somewhat on what they’re chambered for. My .410 isn’t a featherweight, but isn’t an anvil either. My .357 OTOH, has a pretty hefty barrel and came in with a scope as heavy as my M70 EW, maybe a bit more. They use one receiver for all models, which certainly saves some money because of parts commonality. From the reviews I’ve seen, the 12ga and .45/70s are pretty lively, and I doubt many would want them lighter. Personally, I’ll suffer the weight so as to have a nicely blued steel receiver. Different strokes.

BTW, I’ve had three, those mentioned, and a .308, which was quite accurate before UPS javelined it into something hard on its way home from the trigger recall, which ruined it. Henry replaced the barrel totally at their cost, but either the new barrel was less accurate, or something in the lockup was damaged by the UPS abuse, so it came back okay, but not stellar as before. It’s gone.

If you want aluminum, look at CVAs, but they have a crappy blocky plastic stock and my ML seems as heavy as the .357 Henry, or maybe heavier.

It amazes me how critical people are about a $500 rifle made in America, of blued steel, nicely finished, with good, sometimes excellent checkered walnut furniture, and decent triggers. WTF do they expect for $500 in the Biden economy?

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Pappy348; 01/06/24.

What fresh Hell is this?