Originally Posted by 1minute
Can't use drones to take or scout big game here in Oregon. Clearly spelled out in the regs.

How would most respond when sitting on their favorite stump and a drone sweeps by during season? I know what my inclination would be. I feel the same about 4-wheelers or bikes running cross country on public ground for retrievals. They don't make my day, but I have no issues with a hiker and his pack frame doing the same.

A buddy is a drone pilot. Without furnishing specifics, some creatures stand and stare while others clear the horizon. He is very careful with what he posts on the web.

I'd be fine with such on deeded property, but not public.

Should have read the regs before his first launch, so pinch him.

Just because a technology exist does not mean it should be included in fair chase.

Had an acquaintance that thought he should be allowed to pack his rifle while tracking a bull he wounded on the last evening of the season. Warden said, "season's over dude."

Having a history in research, I've seen IR drone images where one can spot nesting sparrows and mice along with coordinates in the dead of night. Great tool, but I speculate such would be abused. I could sure save a lot of leg work if such were legal in Or/Id,s Snake River Canyon.
Recovery isn't scouting or taking.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!