I use this
Vevor 4500PSI compressor
(It plugs into a wall, or you can run it off a car battery).

To fill this 97cuft Great White Tank
97cuft 4500 psi tank

For this 45 cal air rifle that spits 405gr 45-70 bullets
457 Texan

4 refils of the big Great White tank, at Scheels, costs me the same as 1 of these compressors. I figure, If I get 8 or more refils out of this compressor, I have halfed the cost of shooting PCP.
No, I do not fill my great white tank in 1 run with this little compressor, I want to try and make the compressor last more than 1 use. I fill for 15 minutes, then turn the compressor off and leave the fan running for 10 to 15 minutes to cool. Then I fill another 15 minutes. I continue this cycle until the tank is full. All I do is set a timer to go cycle the compressor on/off in 15min increments, until the tank is full. It takes my about 4-5 cycles (1.5-2hours total) to bring my tank from 3000psi back up to 4500psi. I usually do this when i'm cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, or other things I have to stay at home for. Might as well fill it while I'm working instead of wasting my free time to fill it. So far I have filled my tank 5 times with this compressor and it is not sounding any different than the day I got it. I think the key is to run these compressors in light duty cycles of 15min.

I think if you shoot about 50-75 shots a week, one of these little compressors will serve you well, but if you are going to do really high volume shooting, then the expensive compressors or having someone fill it for you would be the best option.

If I remember right, I get about 12-15 refils of my rifle tank off the big tank, to give you an idea of why it's nice to have a big tank handy to keep topping off with. If you don't have scuba shops around you, it is a major pain in the ass to find a place to fill your tank and it costs you the fuel to go drive to the 1 out of 50 places you tried and finally founs someone who will fill your tank. Thats what prompted me to buy the cheap $174 compressor.

Last edited by Gohip2000; 01/13/24.