Seems like I only make these these in January.

I usually throw in some cumin and then Tony Chachares to taste.

RANCH BEANS

2 lbs of Pink beans, or Pinto beans. Soak overnight if you want, I usually will soak for 10 min, and flush, use new water, and start it to a simmer.

2 Lbs of Yellow onions. Chopped

2 Green Bell Peppers (careful not to get too much bell pepper as it can make the beans taste too sweet)

6 cloves of Garlic (or more) (Substitute garlic powder to taste if you don’t have the cloves.

2 Lbs of bacon, fry it, dry it off, or slice uncooked in the pot. Frying it removes alot of greese, and also alot of flavor, your choice.

1 ham hock, maybe 2, I like smoked ham hocks better, but either will work.

6-12 Celery sticks cut in 3/8 to 1/2 pieces.

Cumin (start with 2 tablespoons and add to suit your taste)

chili powder (same as above, I just keep adding until it suits me, dont get stingy, and dont overdo it....grin)

Salt to taste

Pepper (be careful, dont ad

Two large cans of whole tomatoes, maybe three, add juice and all to your beans.

Let cook at a simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours. Dont cook them so long the beans break down.

You can freeze them after cooked, and cooled down in large freezer bags and them you can have great beans for dinner at your leasure.

You can cut this recipe in half and it will make a nice large two gallon or so pot of beans.

Try these boys, and I think you will like them. Myself, I have done the bacon either way, and just slicing them up and throwing them in tastes best, but it should, it has all of that bacon greese in it.

Make sure you have enough water, you want at least the upper third of the pot to be liquid.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.