They no longer own the news.

I find this an interesting story about just who "owns" the news.

WSJ Editor-in-Chief Admits To Davos Elites 'We No Longer Own The News'
Tyler Durden's Photo
BY TYLER DURDEN
SUNDAY, JAN 21, 2024 - 07:45 AM
Thanks to the internet and (shrinking) press freedoms, legacy media outlets no longer have a monopoly on information and narratives.

Case in point, during a WEF discussion at Davos entitled "Defending Truth," Wall St. Journal EIC Emma Tucker lamented this loss of control over 'the facts,' as Modernity.news reports.

"I think there’s a very specific challenge for the legacy brands, like the New York Times and like the Wall Street Journal," Tucker said, adding "If you go back really not that long ago, as I say, we owned the news. We were the gatekeepers, and we very much owned the facts as well."

"If it said it in the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, then that was a fact," she continued, adding "Nowadays, people can go to all sorts of different sources for the news and they’re much more questioning about what we’re saying."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1748366347036176592

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.