They were actually pretty good guns.

I tend to think of them as the .45 that the shooting public tended to forget about, as there were a few other really great .45s that were out on the market about that time (early 90s). It was in a market that had the Glock 21, the S&W 4506, the H&K USP, and the Sig P220. All of which were ultra reliable, well built .45s.

The thing is though, that the Ruger P90 was really a good gun. I put a good number of rounds through them and they always ran. They were not great on the ergonomic side, and their trigger were mushy, but they did exactly what they were supposed to do. They ran, and they ran well. They were not expensive either. Plus I recall shooting a buddies that was really quite accurate. About 2.5" at 25 yards with irons, which I remember at the time was pretty amazing all things considered.

Bottom line is that I would not go out of my way to find one these days, but they are very solid guns, and what I would consider a Tackle Box, ATV, or Tractor type handgun. You could leave it in a compartment on one of those vehicles and know it is likely to work just fine.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com