Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Pugs was an A-6 guy.

I flew the EA-6B, the better looking fighting drumstick from the Grumman Corporation. wink

When I got to NAS Whidbey in 88 they were filming the movie. They did a really good job in some respects making the A-6E's look like VN era A-6A's with new paint and removing the TRAM ball under the nose and the flying scenes in the movie were really good but they altered the story from the book far too much into implausible.

I was sure I was going to be an A-6 Bombardier all through flight school but come winging day (that last one of the FY) they sent the #1 guy to NAS Oceana with A-6's and everyone else got EA-6B's to fill a class at the FRS. Oh well, worked out well in the long run and I look back on 2200 hours in the Prowler with fondness.

Was going through pics recently and here's one I took on the wing of a VA-65 A-6E carrying a buddy store on the centerline station for aerial refueling. You can see the ball under the nose that was the TRAM (Target Recognition and Attack Multi-sensor). This was in 90 off the Lincoln as my Airwing did the shakedown cruise.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Nice picture of Cupcake 501