I'm wondering what your pick is, for the top 22lr's to look for. I'm out and about looking at different gunshops a lot, and run across some cool rifles. Sometimes at very good deals. Recently I saw a nice looking bolt action 22lr Anschutz. It was not nearly as nice as the Winchester 52 sporter that I bought within the last month though. However, it was priced at $300.00. I've also mentioned the BRNO's and old CZ's I've ran across recently as well. Those being in the $350 price range.

I was at a few gunshops over the weekend and saw some nice rifles, and told my girlfriend that I can't buy all of the good deals I see. I'll save some for others. One rifle I saw was a nice little Winchester model 69. It was $300.00. I handled it, but turned it away, as it is no where near as nice as my newly acquired model 52. Didn't care for the sticky action it had, and it was not built with the same quality of the 52. I've seen much nicer examples with target irons for $400.00.

Then there was a beautiful Browning T-bolt, but it was a 22WMR. If it had been a 22lr, I may have considered buying it. It had a beautiful tiger striped maple stock. Priced at $700.00, which I believe is decent for what it is.

I also saw a BSA single shot with target irons for $700.00. Don't know what that is worth though. Nice rifle, but very plain looking stock.

So, if a guy were looking for some ultimate 22lr sporters, what are your top rifles that should be considered? List 5 or more that you would consider, and how much you'd expect to pay. That way I'll know next time I'm out looking at rifles, which ones are more desirable. Thanks!!!

Here's an outline of what I'm looking for:

1. Best shooting
2. Best looking
3. Best handling
4. Most desirable
5. Best bang for the buck
6. Collectible
7. Good trigger

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA