With my mid-50’s eyesight, open sights are becoming more and more difficult to use effectively. I recently bought my first reflex sight for a handgun, a Holosun 507 on my Sig 365xl. What a difference it has made!
I have two different rifles that I want to get more use out of, and with their iron sights I rarely use either. The first one is a Winchester M-94 top eject. The other is a Springfield Armory M1-A Scout squad. The Winchester has two options for mounting location for a reflex, as offered by Turnbull. Either just forward of the hammer, or in the dovetail of the rear sight. Either mount will accept a smaller, handgun style reflex like a Burris Fastfire 3. The Springfield has a rail forward of the action, and there is also a mount available that would replace the rear sight. This mount would also be for a smaller reflex, the forward rail could utilize a larger reflex, like a Holosun 510.
I would like to hear from anyone who has been using reflex sights on rifles, best mount location, best mounts, best reflex sights, anything you have to offer.