Originally Posted by Seafire
I wouldn't even leave a rifle in the locked trunk of my vehicle.
thats hard to do with us. Would have to carry 3-4 guns with us into the store all the time etc...

While I don't leave rifles in stands, we are lucky, the owner of much of the property in our area is well known. Should anything be stolen it would not end well for the thief and thats knowledge.
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by pete53
after reading all these problems i guess i will have to just take my rifle back to the cabin most of the time.

And you've still only evolved to "most of the time". SMH

my area has very few people hunting and not many people live in this area , its 8 miles to the Canadian border/ Northern Minnesota all the land around there is private, i am in a tamarac swamp on my own land . this year my rifle stayed in the stand loaded for 10 days and not even a human track near my stand within a 1/2 mile its very wild i see martins most days by my stand , fishers some days even a Lynx this year 40 feet from me laying down looking at me and always deer around, i am 1 mile from my old cabin too 1 1/4 miles from a dirt road. it is not the same as where most people hunt ,park at to hunt or live by to hunt .

I still don't understand why you're fine with walking to and from your stand unarmed?

For me- that only happens in pitch darkness, WTF am I going to use the deer rifle on in the dark?
Maybe not in your area, but varmints. Pigs. People.
Never without a flashlight and a gun of some sort. Just makes no sense not to be armed if you have clothes on.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....