I finally broke down and got my first new bergara. It's a limited special run called a hunter fsp. Mines a 300 win mag with about a #4 contour 2" fluted and threaded barrel. I really like the way it points and handles.

The trigger seems pretty good for a factory gun and I like the bolt knob. If it was stainless steel I'd probably love this gun. Overall it's a lot of rifle for the roughly $700 I'm in it. I'm hoping it shoots. At least it's a 10 twist so I may be able to use my 225g elds in it that I have a few thousand of. I also just got another 16 pounds of h1000 and some lapua 300 win brass.

I'd never seen this model in a store so I ordered it blind. The other cartridge models are all 18" and I think I'll get another in 6.5 Creedmoor with the 18".

I have another bergara on layaway but it is one of their premier ones with a carbon stock and a stainless fluted barrel. It's a 270 win which I don't like but it was barely used for about $700 and new models like it were over $1500. I'll pick it up soon and see how it shoots too. Its got a little different action with a floating bolt head. If it doesn't shoot awesome as a 270 I'll have it recorded to maybe a 9.3x62 or rebarrel it to a 280.

Bb