Good evening everyone.
I was hoping to get some info on a rifle I have. From my research its a 83-84. M70 20" Carbine Short action in .243. It has the smaller stock with red pad and is actually marked carbine, guess this was dropped on later models. It is drilled for iron sights as well as a receiver peep. Condition is pretty good. Metal is in good shape and bluing is good. Stock has a couple of dents but no scratches through the finish.

My question is, I picked this up as a rifle for my kids to use when they get old enough. I think it would do nicely for that role and it shoots around an inch with a couple of loads. Problem is that I have several other rifles that can fulfill that role. This is my only .243 that I own and am considering moving her to cut the cartridge from my inventory. Is there any additional value added to the rifle because of it being a carbine model vs a FW? And if so what would you guys value it on the market these day? I tried looking for comps but haven't found any other ones like this. Any help/ info would be appreciated.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same... President Ronald Reagan