Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by Coyote10
Go bust one of those 300 pound mulies or big whitetails on the shoulder with that 53 grainer and see how that works out for ya.
It will work just fine. You should stop guessing on stuff you know nothing about.

Wow dude. I have literally killed deer with about every configuration of .224 or 6mm bullet you can throw at me. Oklahoma requires 55 grain 224 bullets and up, so we can start there. I have seen some deer get absolutely smashed by a 55 grain bullet from a 223 and then I've seen some take it and run off never to be recovered. I've seen and done the same thing with varmint bullets in a 243 but have yet to see any problems with a proper hunting bullet from a 243 win. I have no guess work involved. It's 30 years and literally hundreds of deer that I stand behind when it comes to what works and what can work, but isn't necessarily the best option. Will your 53 grain bullet work? Yes. Will it fail more than that of a bigger cal? Most definitely. And I promise you, we've ran the fast twist 22 cal schit way more on deer sized game than you have bud, I know that for sure. An 80 grain berger from a 22-243 is great, almost a 243 win and 105s, but it's not never will be. My boy's 10 and he shoots a 280 rem and 140s. I've seen and shot deer that did some dumb schit after being hit, even with the bigger magnums. If you think I'm guessing, then you got the wrong impression my friend. I skinned 30 deer this fall, I think I have a clue about what a certain bullets capability is on deer/antelope sized game. But unless you have seen what a few 3/4 ton trucks with deer piled to the cab, then you more than likely have no idea what I'm talking about. My buddy shot over 50 does in one year with his 22 cheetah and will still tell you it's not a deer rifle. Keep using your pea shooters, it'll bite you one day.