Thanks!

Since rereading this entire thread this morning, and noticing how many people missed Gary's work, I remembered having a collection of Petersen's Hunting magazines from that era--because I was also a staff writer for PH in the 1990s, after Craig Boddington hired me to write it's first optics column in 1990--but also do some feature articles. Gary started writing the back page during that era, and also feature articles.

I just did some looking in our basement--which is full of too much stuff, due to moving into this house over 25 years ago, and like a many couples we've lived in increasingly larger houses since getting married 40 years ago.If anybody's interested in the G. Sitton/Jacob Bowers Petersen's Huntings I'd be willing to send 'em for the cost of "media mail" shipping, which is relatively inexpensive.

We're consciously starting to "downsize" before we get too old to deal with all our stuff and somebody else has to. One of the bad habits of writers who started back in the days before computers and the Internet is keeping published copies of everything they wrote....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck