Very sad situation . No one knows the demons someone else is dealing with. Those facilities usually have a good HR department and counseling available but that doesn’t always help.

In 2002 a bank in my little hometown was shot up by a group of lowlife scum. Five people died in the holdup. A State Troopers had arrested the two leaders for a minor violation and subsequently found a handgun. The pistol had been stolen from a LGS but the SN had been incorrectly entered into the state’s computer system. The creeps were released and the gun was returned - it was used to kill at least two of the victims. The trooper somehow felt that he had a chance to prevent the massacre but blew it. He had a wife and several kids and lived on an acreage a couple miles from us. He killed himself on the same day as the funerals of several victims.

https://norfolkdailynews.com/news/r...5840a24-3dab-11ed-8867-674f8e258b0f.html

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie