Originally Posted by centershot
Yes. The case he did that on was for a test of some sort. For large lots of match ammo he was using something else.

Next time you are sizing cases, just spin one 180* and run the ram up again. Tell me what you feel. I think the shoulders are set more consistently and the necks are pulled straighter. I have reloaded some 6ARC brass over 10 times with no issues. The .222Rem will easily go that many reloads. If I can get 10 reloads per case I feel like I got my money's worth.

I was not 'checking runout' with the trimmer, but that is where the runout was noticed.

I have a concentricity gauge and have never had ammo with more than .003-.005 TIR so I have not used it in a long time.
First. If you aren't using a runout gauge how can you tell for sure your cases are bad? Maybe the other tools you are using are bad.

Anyway the only way I can tell is to either roll a loaded round, on a known perfect surface and there aren't many of those around. You can see really bad runout yes. But minor stuff the gauge is the way to go to know whats what for sure.

When it counts, I use only Redding FL bushing dies. I hate pulling necks over an expander. Yes you can polish your expanders but you are changing neck tension as you do. And the outside sizing with a bushing induces less measured error in our tests than dragging over an expander.

Next thing with bushings you can play with neck tension and thats a factor in really good ammo.

The only place I double anything is half seating and then rotate and finish seating. It helps with cheaper dies. I just use good ones for match stuff.

10 times loaded brass means you have sized it 20 times... thats pretty good life actually. No way I"d do that but then again when its important I anneal every 3-5 shots anyway.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....