I have an older (probably 17 years old) Jewel in my 22 ARC, a JP installed by JP (probably 20 years ago) in my Large Pin Colt Carbine, and FOUR Stern Defense Two Stage Cassette Triggers with the Lite Springs installed by Stern in my 300 HAM'R, 204 Ruger, 6.5 Grendel, and 5.56 Target Rifle. The Stern Triggers are all right at 2.5 pounds. The Stern Defense Triggers are set up out of the box as Pistol Caliber Carbine Triggers, however with the Lite Spring (Provided) they have made very nice AR Rifle Cartridge Triggers. So far no issues with any of them. If doing another build today, I would buy another Stern Defense Trigger.

Now days we have lots of Triggers to chose from. I am sure that several mentioned above would work for me. I know the Stern Defense Triggers work well, so I will stay with them, until I have a reason to try something else.

Note: The 22 ARC is the third build on the Rock River "Matched Set" Upper & Lower with the Jewel Trigger. It had a 5.56 Krieger Barrel First build, then a White Oak 204 Ruger Barrel second build. I ended up building new AR's using the 5.56 Krieger, and the 204 Barrel using the Stern Defense Triggers. I do not notice any difference in the triggers between the Jewel and the Stern Defense.

Bob R

Last edited by Viper225; 02/26/24.