Originally Posted by saddlesore
I do have a few 180 gr partitions that I bought for $13/box of 50 from SPS. They didn't kill any better or faster than what I have always used.Better bulelt? Probably. Required? No.

Those were the good days. I have some 200gr partitions from about 5 years ago, that only cost me $13.50/bag. I should have bought a truck load at that price, but did not realize they were going to be pricing how they are now. For elk, the 200gr in the 30-06 is the real winner. You can definitely get by with the 180 though. However, the OP doesn't want to buy Noslers.

I was at a damn shop in Reno a few days ago, and there was an old open box of .308 180gr Nosler partitions. The old ones that were turned on a lathe. I asked how much they wanted for them, and the guy comes back, and says "these were the first Nosler partitions, they want $100.00 for this box". I told him they can keep them for that price!!! This was at Mark Fore and Strike. I don't do much business with them, as their prices are generally way too high on stuff. Then, the manager comes back, and asks if I wanted the bullets, as they were the first partitions. He said, "did you know that?". I said yes, I have some at home, but I for damn sure did not pay $100.00 per box for them!!!! He looked dumbfounded.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA