Sponxx,

Congratulations for taking up the challenge! It's a great way to extend your hunting season.

Personally I have found that my bow kills are always way more rewarding than my rifle kills. Because when you hunt with a bow, you are really hunting and you have to understand all aspects of hunting to get close enough to kill a smart old buck deer, or an elk as examples.

My advise it to go to a bow outlet/range and get your draw length measured. This should be the first thing you do, a bow that does not fit you, isn't good, speaking from experience.

centershot offered some great advise, lots of "Like New" bows to be found at Bow Ranges and on line for 1/2 the price of new.

My favorite bow is a Darton Vapor way less than a Hoyte, and just as good IMO, and I have owned a Hoyte. The feel and fit in your hand is another important aspect of buying a bow you will enjoy shooting.

Personally I do not equip my bow with cheap "Off the Shelf" strings, you may want to do some research on custom strings.

Lots of good Bow Sights, I use Accent Black Gold, I love it. 1 adjustable pin verses many pins, and at my age multiple pins become a blur! lol

A great arrow rest is also important I use a Trophy Ridge Micro Revolution Full-Capture Fall Away Arrow Rest. The best thing about them is that they lock your arrow in place and your arrow isn't continually falling off the rest, a great feature especially while hunting and 1 less thing to worry about.

I have been using "Slick Tricks" as my broadheads, they are great! The fly as true as Bullet and Field Target Points even at distance, and they are lethal!

Angus1895 is correct and you want a quality release, of the type you prefer.

Cheers ~

My Bow

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by KillerBee; 03/06/24.

KB