Hello all. I'm kinda at a crossroads with my Sako L461 Vixen. It is in .222 but my hearts desire if for a .223 due to more readily available ammo. So with that in mind I am considering a rebarrel or just moving/trading it to another rifle in .223. Thinking a CZ527 Carbine. Most of my research points to moving it instead of rebarreling it. It has the Borfors steel barrel and is nice and accurate. I even considered reaming the chamber to .223 but Ive read that can have mixed results. Looking for opinions or even a reccomend barrel maker that could do the swap. I really like sleekness of the rifle and the action so I wouldn't mind keeping it, but if its cost prohibited then Im not to attached to moving it.

If i do decide to move it, how is the market on the Vixens? Ive seen some all over prices on these things. Mine is definitely shooter grade and not a collector. The action is great, the barrel Borfors steel, strong rifleing, clean bore and front iron sight, has a few nicks in it. The stock has been ran hard. Nice walnut, cheek piece and Structurally sound, it definitely needs a refinish job though. Its on my to-do project list but wondering if the juice is worth the squeeze. Looking for some opinions.
I know the first thing someone will post is that pics are needed, and I agree. I will throw some up this evening when I get home from work.

Looking for some opinions before I take my next steps.

Last edited by Steelruger22; 03/06/24.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same... President Ronald Reagan