to add to my earlier post I have to say that some of the U.S. companies just do not care about the Canadian market because it is so small. Even before there was a ban on shipping components I had more than one outfit tell me they did not ship to Canada.
You also have to learn a few of the tricks, such as never ever let them ship you anything U.P.S. make sure they ship it U.S. Postal service or any other way that will not charge you a brokerage fee. As an example I used to get bullets from Berger and when they were sent U.P.S. they took a long time and it turns out that they were sitting waiting to clear customs and some one it turns out got some crooked sweetheart deal with the CDN. goverment that everything that comes in through U.P.S. to canada has to be brokered. The bullets 30.00 the brokerage fee 45.00!! Now for the corker, I told them to send them back, a week later I get them in the mail from Bellingham Washington for nothing! I think U.P.S. is almost automactic for most companies and when people refuse the shipments and they have to eat the freight to the border they find it easier just to not ship to canada. Some companies like Sinclairs have thing figured out a little better.