Originally Posted by okie john
Originally Posted by Bugger
I think it’s ironic that the ranchers claim the hogs are destroying their ranch, then want $’s for someone to kill the hogs.

This.

Ranchers will also tell you that you can kill as many as you want. They don't tell you that after you shoot, the herd scatters and may not come back to where you killed their buddy for a couple of weeks.

Okie John
I've killed pigs same spot 3 days in a row. And have shot pigs and not seen em again in weeks or even months.

A few things. Ranchers have destruction by pigs and if they can recover a bit of money to help with that then why not? I have em on our place and we still pay to hunt other places for fun at times.

Habits of hogs tell you all you need to know, which is there is nothing guaranteed about hunting em. Here today gone tomorrow.

Of course that happens with a lot of other game so I'm not sure why it should be surprising to anyone.

Daytime pigs are a luxury. If you want to hunt pigs I suggest you come with a thermal scope for sure. I bet less than 20% of pigs I kill are during daylight hours.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....