Figured we need a thread about this thing.

Mantis BlackbeardX

The Mantis BlackbeardX is a device that replaces the BGC and magazine in any AR and resets the trigger allowing one to practice breaking the trigger without manual cycling of the action. This makes dry fire completely safe because there is no way for the AR to fire as there is no BCG or mag where a possible live round could hide.

The unit has a 3 axis gyroscope, a 3 axis accelerometer, and a 3 axis magnetometer that provides 9 degrees of freedom in tracking the movement of the AR and exactly when the hammer strikes what would be the firing pin.

The unit emits a laser beam out the barrel and mantis has an app, Laser Academy, that allow a phone/tablet with a decent camera to score the shot on a Mantis target.

I don't set up the Laser Academy very often and use the Mantis motion tracking app much more often.

The BlackbeardX is $320 retail but if you shop around one can find a bit better price. Much less than the cost of a case of cheap .223.

I would say that regular use of the Blackbeard has improved my shooting 20% over just doing normal live and dry fire.

Anyone else have one of these things?

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.