Originally Posted by wyattd
Does anyone have what appears to be top secret info on how to adjust the Steyr single stage trigger? This is NOT the single set trigger. There are two exposed screws accessible on the trigger shoe that I'm sure are the way. Just not sure which screw adjusts what.

Does anyone? There have been several groups with a Steyr focus. Andy Langlois - who sells most excellent rifle slings - has been a force behind a Scout discussion forum and facebook page and there has been an active steyrclub.com

I have some very light triggers on varmint rifles and such used prone and rested. I have had no desire to change my two Steyr used for large and larger game once lubed and fired a few times

Fr. Frog has maintained a most useful website with Steyr information lo these many years for which I for one am truly grateful.

Trigger Adjustment

I have had numerous requests for the trigger adjustment procedure. However, because of product liability issues (let us give thanks for all the lawyers) the factory and the importers have asked me to refrain from publishing the directions on the Internet.

The factory setting is 3.5 lb (56 oz) ± .4 lb (7 oz)

While it is nominally "user" adjustable, Steyr states that it should only be done by a qualified gunsmith and if you don't have a clue about what trigger adjustment entails you can screw things up. They have requested that I obtain a "disclaimer" from anyone that I send the information to.