Don't know of anything bad of them by my lights. I'm not sure about +P and +P+ in older pistols with limited parts availability. Not expressing an opinion either way, just saying it's a question.

As I recall, and it's been a long time, Jeff Cooper assigned a 1911 to a raw class and a S&W to a comparable raw class and found the S&W raw class had trouble with the double action single action transition compared to the straight single action 1911 class. I understand a little practice led to good results with the S&W. Rather than regard the double action/single action as a training and experience issue Colonel Cooper, with his bias confirmed, started saying crunchenticker and continued to tout the 1911 as superior to all others. Colonel Cooper did suggest the 9x19 had a place in handguns smaller than a 1911 -in those days especially some Stars - and so not big enough for a .45ACP cartridge. I carried a Model 39-2 for a while and liked it just fine. Later I carried a 1911 in 9x23 which doesn't quite fit a minimum 9x19 frame.

One odd ball thing about the Model 59 is that with very high round counts of Blazer aluminum cased in a very short period of time the aluminum case will dump heat in the frame that brass carried off. The hot frame would grow and squeeze the trigger draw bar so tightly that the pistol locked up - would not fire until it cooled a tad.