Biebs, Its an interesting gun but according to that "C" prefix SN `looks like it was made on the eve of the Great War! So your Model 14, not 141, was from 1914! Looks like quality engraving there but if question of Factory work, way beyond my knowledge. As noted the side-mount holes are definitely aftermarket. It's an interesting old gun, but as a "collector specimen", I'd say not.

The model 14 was introduced in 1912 and late in 1920 barrel codes were intro'd. There seem to be more than a few in those early twenties without visible codes! Also the ever present problem of guns pushing a century old, plenty of time for barrel swaps, skewing the barrel date code regimen entirely!

My closest Model 14 Sn is in 21 K range, from 1913. It is also my only of sevreral that's not in .35 Rem. Only bought it because so clean and cheap as Gun Show Sunday afternoon "goin home time"! smile My next higher and only other "C" prefix SN is a Carbine in 55 K, .35 Rem naturally & MFG 1917.

With the intro of a transitional Model 141 bearing a Model 14 barrel, a new serial range began in latter 1935 and ran to end of production in early fifties.

Hope 'the facts' help!
Best!
John