Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Originally Posted by smarquez
The out swept rear fender was only offered in 1973. As was this paint scheme. If I was to consider buying one of these it would depend on that.
Just about any 70s’ enduros are staring to bring a premium price. I’m afraid to think what the msrp would be on this thing.
If this particular bike speaks to any particular market, it’s Me!! LOL
The swept out rear fender started in 71.

You had better check again.

http://suzukicycles.org/TS-TC-series/TS185.shtml#gsc.tab=0

I had a 72 185 and it had a chrome downswept rear fender.
Removed all the lights, put on knobby tires, expansion chamber and adjusted the sprocket sizes and I had one heck of a trail/hill climbing bike.

The ts185 were said to have had the highest hp to weight ratios of most of the other offerings.
I put a 21" aluminum front rim on mine which help in the woods a lot and seemed to make the steering a lot more responsive in general.
Opening up the rear swing arm for a wider knobby and 13/54 sprockets it would out climb most any bike that I ever rode with.. It cut the top speed down to about 55, but it would pull a wheelie in 5th gear all day long!
The oil injection was a nice feature for its day.

I think without any modes a 4” back tire was max and yes a 21” front was much needed.

Yes sir mine was a heckuva wheelie bike too. I tried to learn how to wheelie on a Honda SL 100 but was pretty much unsuccessful until my mom bought me the TS185J Sierra, it was extremely easy you just had to get over the fear of falling backwards. I still have dreams of doing wheelies on that bike.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon