I shoot the .38 Super quite a bit, currently I'm liking CFE-Pistol for plinking powder loads. I like the 115 and 124 HAP bullets Hornady makes for such purposes. They really shoot well in most Supers. I have one "conventional" Super, a Colt , and three Springfields in 9mm, that I've added Super barrels to, they are all ramped barrels. I don't shoot all-out handloads in mine, I have other pistols for that, but I really like the cartridge and it's the most fun cartridge to shoot in a 1911.

IF you have a choice, PMC and Aguila are making pretty good ammo right now, I'd avoid Armscor like the plague (it's loaded lighter than 9mm, and the primers are soft, which plug up the firing pin channel), Winchester, Remington, and Federal all sell Super ammo, but it's expensive for what you're getting. Starline, of course, has the best brass currently available.
For plinking loads, Unique, HS-6, and CFE-Pistol are pretty good, and still give good performance, for hotter stuff, AA#7 and #9 work well, as do a lot of the VV powders. Longshot is also supposed to be pretty good.

Supers are a lot of fun, I was shooting mine the day before yesterday, had a great time, and they were shooting well.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.