Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by rainshot
Thanks. I still think that "Independents" are repentant democrats.
I have on several occasions thought about changing my registration to Republican but our Louisiana Republican party can come up with some terrible candidates such as Governor Bobby Jindal, Governor Mike Foster, U.S. Senator David Vitter, and worst of all our present U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy. Our present governor Republican Jeff Landry may turn out ok. And our former Democrat Populist turned Republican U.S. Senator John Kennedy is a good man.

For now I'll just stay behind enemy lines. When I registered in 1972 almost all our state and local elections were decided in the Democrat primary. There were almost no Republicans in the state.
If you change to a Republican you can help counter that by voting in the Republican Primary. IMO that would be the only reason to register in the first place.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.