Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by MAC
I have had good performance with the 160 gr 6.5mm out of a 6.5x54 Mannlicher Schoenauer. On deer sized game they work very well. And the 220 gr works very well in a 30-40 Krag. They aren't flashy but they take game just fine as long as you use them within their limitations. They aren't designed to be pushed fast and they drop like a rock at longer distance but at 100-150 yards they are effective.

What's your sample size for that one? Others have reported that particular bullet to be erratic in its performance.

A dozen or so mulies and whitetails and some exotics. I load the bullet to as close to the original factory specs as I can and it has worked well. Neither the cartridge not the bullet are designed for speed and I think many people try to load them too fast. Just my opinion but I have been happy with them. I get about a 1 1/2 inch group and that is about as good as my eyes will do with open sights. I would not use them at 300 yards but at 100 they work.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!