Krico - A Very Rare & Very Nice 10.75x68 Big Game Rifle

I just acquired a German made Krico Model 700 in 10.75x68 cal. It must be pretty rare in this caliber because all the data I could find lists 9.3x62 as the largest caliber they make. Perhaps this was a special order.

Here are the specs:

8 lbs 5 oz -
14-1/4 LOP -
22-1/2" Bbl -
Jeweled Bolt -
Detachable 3-Round Magazine -
Standing Rear Site -
Elevation Adjustable Front Site -
EAW QD Scope bases -
Button Release Sling Swivels -
Button release Sling Swivels -
Packmayr Recoil Pad -

This is a remarkably smooth action. Bolt operates like its on glass bearings. The only actions that have similar smoothness are the Colt Sauer and the Krag.
Its push-feed with 1 up and 3 down. Although the standard overall cartridge length for 10.75x68 is 3.189", the box mag will handle 3.40" cartridge length.
Some people don't like push-feed actions, this one feeds flawlessly because the magazine has long "feed lips" on both sides that support the cartridge as it feeds into the chamber. And, the snap-over Sako style extractor allows fast single round "nto the chamber" feeding when necessary.

I can't wait to get to the range to test this one. (If Winter ever ends. Just got 12" of snow yesterday.)

As usual your comments are welcome. Especially if you have any information about Krico.

http://www.buckstix.com/buckpics/krico-000.jpg

You never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early.