Originally Posted by Exchipy
Originally Posted by Sweets
Just one more option to think about. The 870 fieldmaster compact. 20guage. 18"bbl. 12" LOP. very versatile for all family members. It may not be just you who needs it in an emergency. Just another option.

The 20 gauge is a mighty workable choice for those of us tired of the beating inflicted by 12 gauge patrol shotguns.

Back door:
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Remington 870 20 gauge, mostly for animal issues, with a red fiber optic front sight. Right now, there’s a high intensity flashlight screwed onto the front of the mag, using a special, double ended mag tube cap, and the light beam indexes pretty well with the sight.

Front door:
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
RIA VR82 20 gauge for who knows what, with Leupold RDS and XS Big Dot Tritium Express angled back up sights for day or night, plus a Streamlight TLR-3 fastened to the port side of the hand guard at the front. Three more 5-shot box mags of No.3 Buck wait just to the left of the coat rack.

Both are 20 gauge, with No.3 Buck for easy control by me or Wifey, yet with reasonable effectiveness.

Vang Comp seems to be proud of their work given the caption—"A more capable 20ga fighting shotgun, there never was." Looks like they cut through the rib to mount the Holosun.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]