Originally Posted by flintlocke
Originally Posted by jorgeI
It's been a democrat-matriarchy for over seventy five years. Figure how to change that and you're home free
Agree, I don't think you can legally dismantle the unions, pensions, employment contracts. I think the answer is to provide an easier path to school choice, a tax break for parents who do not utilize the public school option. Once there are more free market options for parents, the market will be in competition to up the student performance standards by itself. You will see more emphasis on the 3 Rs, less on Marxist and social agenda. I think industrial arts, practical job training should be totally separated from any school system. In places where it has been most successful...it has been a co effort of industry and educators.

Great post, I was obviously being sarcastic, but a real and comprehensive competency test to all teachers should be an absolute requirement.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”