When I got Lyme and Hashimotos in '14 I researched like crazy for anything that would help...thought I was dying. And maybe I was. I stuck with LDN after a trial I paid to get in. Low Dose Naltrexone, I felt at the time, helped calm and reset my immune system. Regardless....

I ran across a doctor name Dr Burton Berkson in my research. I just clicked an old bookmark and I found out he had passed away 3/4/24 in Las Cruces, NM. He had a practice there, Integrative Medicine Center .

Through the years, depending on where you read about him, he was either a quack or a savior. He used Alpha Lipoic Acid in his treatment to heal terminal liver disease, pancreatic cancer, and numerous other disease.

Dr Berkson Interview

His is an interesting story. Im not sure what to think, quack or genius? I do think there are doctors out there that hit on something and the establishment tries to shut them down for numerous reasons, mainly $$$$.

Anyone else heard of him, whether from the NM area or not?

"DR. BERKSON: I was a resident in internal medicine in a teaching hospital in Cleveland Ohio, and one day the chief of medicine came by and said, I am very upset with you.” And I said “Why?”. (I thought he was kidding.) And he said, “You have no deaths on your service. Most people have seen several deaths by now and you haven't seen any.” And I told him that I really try to keep people alive. He said, “It’s very unusual. I’m going to give you two people who will surely die. They have acute and fulminant liver disease. They ate poisonous mushrooms, and the expert on liver disease said we cannot get a transplant for them, and nothing can save them. So I want you to go upstairs, watch them die, take notes and present this to grand medical rounds.”

And I went upstairs and I looked at these two very sick people. And as a medical doctor, especially in internal medicine, you're supposed to follow the orders of the chief, just like a private would follow the orders of a sergeant. But I had six years of education above my medical training, for a masters and a PhD in microbiology and cell biology, and I was always looking for new things. So I called Washington and spoke to the head of the National Institutes of Health in Internal Medicine, Dr. Fred Bartter, and I asked him, “Is there anything in the world that he knew of that might regenerate a liver?” And he said he was studying alpha lipoic acid because he knew it would reverse diabetic neuropathy and other complications of diabetes. But when he gave it to people, it seemed to regenerate their organs. It seemed to stimulate their stem cells and to start growing and regenerating new organ tissue.

He sent the lipoic acid to me. I picked it up at the Cleveland airport about three hours later. The commercial pilot handed it to me. I ran back to the hospital and injected it into these two people for a period of two weeks. And in two weeks, they regenerated their livers fully. And they’re still alive and well, in their 80s, thirty some years later."