Originally Posted by local_dirt
1-8 LPVO's are becoming more prolific. I don't see them getting referenced here much. ??

The higher the magnification range, the more issues you get or the more money you have to spend.

Eye relief, the fishbowl effect at 1x, field of view, all get compromised or the price goes way up.

A lot of the Spec Ops photos show soldiers/operators with a 1-8 or 1-10 With an RMR on top.

The 1-10 is so useful, you need another optic (LOL)

There’s more to it than just my jokes. But it’s possible (not ideal, but possible) to engage on 4x if a bad guy appears at 10 yards. That’s real hard at 10x.

Imagine setting up a long shot on a rooftop and then being surprised by Taliban stepping out of a stairwell and engaging you at 15 feet.

Thus the 1-10s are often mated with a red dot.

I have an NXS 2.5-10x42 on my SPR/mK12/precision build and an RMR on a 45 degree mount. (I am Ready willing and able to engage those ground squirrel taliban terrorists—the squirrels wearing turbans are dangerous). This works for a rifle that sits in the corner and doesn’t get carried all day.

But that kinda makes thwarts the concept the LPVO was designed for—a single multi purpose optic.

BMT

Last edited by BMT; 04/15/24.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II