It appears so. I just had a conversation with my tax guy. He is in agreement with me about the 70,000 new tax agents. It appears we have been getting by for years without paying in during the year and just paying at the end of the year. He says there is a law that if you pay in more than $1000 at the end of a year, you are not having enough taken out. You either need to change your deductions or pay in quarterly.

It hasn't been enforced because there wasn't enough agents to scrutinize the tax returns. One of those new hires just caught up with us. My wife and I each owe $146.59 since we filed jointly. So much for only going after the wealthy 1%. I consider myself (and wife) the bottom of the middleclass income wise.

So, they squeezed an extra $300 out of us in addition to the $4800 check we wrote in March.

I am not a happy camper.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.