At 2:30 this afternoon we heard the warning. There was a tornado about 10 miles south, headed straight north at about 25 mph.

I began watching the sky out of a south/southwest windows. At about 2:50, the wind picked up wildly; it was very grey and spitting rain drops the size of grapes. My wife and I headed down to our basement after I saw our deck furniture flying around on the top deck. My grill cover, a heavy one, popped straight up in the grey air about 10 feet before dropping again.

Then the sound — a train? Or, I thought a jet engine. Hail came. In 5 min it was over and had calmed down to a normal drizzle.

Later, we found our neighbor who had a better view to the south had seen it headed our way. It’s tail floating, undulating just above the ground. It wasn’t one of those massive ones that can obliterate an entire town, but it would have been a bomb to any structure it hit. It seemed it popped up and went right over our neighborhood.

I’ve seen a couple at distance before but many are at night or in thunderstorms where there is no visibility.

This neighbor had two 70 foot pines ripped out and dropped over the highway. Another on our other side had large heavy limb broken out of a huge tree and it dropped over our private road. Smaller limbs and sticks everywhere.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

We were pretty fortunate..