I appreciate all the responses. I did finally find .357 max load data in Speer Number 12. And Hodgon load data on line, just had to look at pistol data section.......

Gnoahh and Dinny, this is a rebore of a corroded .22 Hornet barrel, not a rechamber of a .357 magnum barrel. What issues can I expect from a JES extractor job? Seems like replacing the extractor after the reboring and before rechambering and using the chamber reamer (I'm assuming the chamber reamer also relieves the rim recess) to modify the extractor would work. Also not sure I understand the revolver reamer comment. Are you saying that JES uses a .357 max reamer designed to finish revolver cylinder chambers on rifle barrels? Or a revolver forcing cone reamer?

I do have somewhere another TCR extractor that was intended for an aftermarket TCR 20 gauge rifled barrel setup using a ?90% monobloc that was digitally copied from a TCR monobloc and CNC milled. But that's another story.

If the freebore is a bit long, what's the harm? This is new territory for me and I'm a rank novice compared to you guys. IIRC Weatherby rifles at one time had long freebore to reduce pressure, although those were much higher pressures than I saw in the Speer 13 manual for the .357 max. Also, would one be able to compensate by seating 158 0r 180 gr bullets out a bit?

Last edited by Aagaardsporter; 04/17/24. Reason: minor edit