Number 1 grandson birthday party Saturday and today I melted fat by request. Party’s a good little drive away and we leave tomorrow. Not sure how many mouths will be fed but doubt any will go home hungry. Kicked off the heat with dry hickory and hardwood charcoal. When it got right added some green hickory limb cut fresh off a tree in the back yard. Just kept adding as it burned down. Did 6 hours in the smoke then double wrapped in foil and back on the grill for another 2 1/2 hours with the heat kicked up by more dry wood. We sneaked a shallow cut off the only picnic roast to sample for dinner and it was indeed fit to eat. The other 3 are large butts and expect the blade bones will just drop right out when it’s time to pull.

Made 3 similar yet different sauce recipes totaling about 4 gallons. Should be plenty for the party and the take homes. Was a busy day. Also had to take garbage to the transfer while shootemette watched the grill. And in the middle of it all I hit a few licks on a downstairs kitchen cabinet I’m redoing with a new countertop. In my spare time I learned to play the piccolo.

[Linked Image]

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."