I'm finding a new liking for the 28 nosler now that I'm not pushing it to max. I usually find consisentcy at close to max and was running 180s at 3200 fps with rl33. I've been trying some slower loads with retumbo and h1000 and 180s at around 3050fps. Brass life is great and it's still hot enough I'm getting consistency and a clean burn and the then 180s at 3050 are enough.

I thought the 28 was going to be the greatest thing ever when it first came out but lost a little interest in it after trying to run it at 3200. I'm really liking it better now that I'm not leaning on it too hard and it still outperforms most 7s and fits in most long actions with room to spare. I also like my 7 prc a lot but I'm only running 180s at 2850 from its 22" barrel. I've had it close to 2950 but that was pushing it hard. Maybe a 7-300prc would do what Hornady says the 7prc will do but without having to run it so hard. I do like the 375 ruger case better than the ultramarine because the body isn't wider than the rim. The downside to the 300 prc is its almost too long for a rem action.

Bb