Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Seafire/B17G: FYI.

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=147092#1307693

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

VG,

Thanks for the link, I read each posting on that page...

I see where there was a problem that the guy didn't identify the powder he was using correctly.. I see that as a 'not paying attention' load....

But as I said before.. I had a load of 26 grains of H 335 and a 55 grain bullet blow in a 223..

I've also had a load that was Black Hills factory 223 load also blow in a rifle...

I haven't had a blue dot load blow in a 223.. because I spend my time paying attention... I had a scout double charge a load in a 22.250 to see what would happen, when my wife got all pissy because she wanted me to drop what I was doing and come "help her for just a minute".. so even tho I told the kid to touch nothing he did anyway.. blew a Mauser action enough to screw the bolt up where it had to be replaced...so you learn to never trust a kid on his own.. and don't drop what you are doing when reloading just because the wife has to get all pissy because she wants you to drop what you are doing and come help her out...

But paying attention at the reload bench is an important part of safety.. and if some one isn't.. then accidents like that will happen...and there is nothing any of us can make excuses for when that happens...

I am just glad the guy wasn't hurt any more than he was...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez