This whole thing is quite whacky, most 375's are 1 in 12, they have absolutely never had any problems, and have worked flawlessly since John Taylor laid flat over 3000 and Mike Lagrange probably even more then that. So why worry about the cartridge when it's the barrel twist he's worried about. If somebody buys a 375HH with other then the 1:12 then they should load accordingly.

I like his book, his background, his creadibility but this twist rate is simply whacky. I also don't have the in depth background and experience to have a strong debate with Kevin. He would chew me up and spit me out on most of these topics. I simply dissagree with this bullet yaw and twist rate issue.

I used my 375HH with 270 Swift Aframes and Hornady 270 cup and core bullets when I passsed the PH Academy course. We had mandatory shooting at 30 feet. , every single hole in that target looked like a paper punch, there was simply no yaw.

By the same token I've shot a 7mm Rem Mag at 25 yards when struggling to develop 175 grain loads. Those bullets were yawing as the paper showed out of round holes, Just as another rifle, a Weatherby rifle with 220 grain bullets would not shoot perfect holes at 30 yards with the 1:12 twist. It's easy enough to see if your bullets are not stable just shoot through a cardboard backed target. See for yourself.

I'm with Allen here that the 375HH is well above the 9.3 for performance. I've posted here in the past a photo of an Eland bull shot with the 9.3 using a 286 grain northfork, and the 30/06 shooting a 165TSX shot at the same distance more or less, and with the points of entry close as well. The Photo shows both bullets under the skin on the off side, the Northfork broke ribs, the TSX went through the offside scapula.

This is the most visual example I can think of to compare the 9.3 to anything else. It's the smallest of samples.....one....... but it's also as close to identical shots into the same animal as possible.

In this case the 9.3 was no better then the 30/06. Who would compare the 30/06 to the 375HH?

[Linked Image]
The upper bullet under the skin is the TSX the lower bulge is from the north fork

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)