Another coupla things about old Weavers:

the Weaver CHALLENGER line was at the end of the US run, and was actually cheaper japanese and chinese optics, so be well aware when looking at these.

the value of this scope should run about $80. I sold one on this board at that price about a month ago, but they do seem to be jumping up as of late.

I have mostly Old "El Paso" weavers, along with a new Luepy Rifleman 2-7x, and old M*-4x, a 20 yr. old Leupold MKIII, an old external adjustment B&L Balvar from the 60's, and two current production Weavers while this might draw fire, the El Paso weavers are better than much of the "junk glass" out there right now, worth about what you are paying optically, but once you get above about $100 or so in asking price, you are better off to buy either a current production Weaver or a used Leupy M8-4x. Some of the Weavers, though very good in thier day and a fine choice for a vintage rifle setup, just lack the advances in technology common now but not even available in thier time and thus, some, especially the very early K-series, seem downright crude in comparison to modern glass.

Just my expereince

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.